Eligible consumers can receive a FREE cell phone and FREE minutes every month. The Lifeline phone program is a government assistance program supported by the Universal Service Fund. Lifeline government assistance is only available on one phone line per household.
How much does Lifeline cell phone service cost?
Lifeline cell phone service is free to eligible customers. There are no bills, long-term contracts, activation fees, recurring fees, or surcharges for Budget Mobile customers.
Will I be required to sign a contract?
No contracts are required for Budget Mobile Lifeline Phone services. There are no bills, long-term contracts, activations fees, recurring fees, or surcharges for this free phone service.
How do I qualify for Lifeline phone service?
Eligibility for Lifeline phone service varies by state. You may qualify if you receive any of the following government benefits:
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Housing Assistance - Section 8
- Food Stamps
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- National School Lunch (free program)
- Household income requirements
Budget Mobile offers Lifeline phone service. Click here to sign-up.
How long can I have Lifeline cell phone service?
Once you enroll, you will receive your free government assisted cell phone service for 12 months. You will need to re-qualify once a year. When you are a Budget Mobile Lifeline customer, we will contact you annually to verify that you still qualify for Lifeline service. Should your participation in a qualifying Lifeline program cease, you are required to notify Budget Mobile within 30 days to withdraw from the Lifeline program.
Do any restrictions apply?
There are a few restrictions:
- Lifeline phone service is available only for individuals who participate in a qualifying government program or are income eligible
- Only one wireless or landline Lifeline account is allowed per household
- The address you provide for you phone service must be your place of residence.
- Your Lifeline phone service must be in the name of the qualified customer and is non-transferable.